27 April 2013

Frustration

Okay, 4 days in and the struggle begins. Today is the most frustrating day for me so far, in trying veganism (I NOW feel like 30 days is going to be a very long time). We were invited to go out and celebrate my Love's recent hard work, and none of the restaurants that his family want to go to have more than a salad as a vegan option. Baked potatoes dipped in bacon grease, soups made with chicken base, vegetables sauteed in butter...I am rather sad, as I wanted to go out with them. Unfortunately even most vegetarian choices are off-limits because of dairy products and egg being in them. It is vastly frustrating, because I want to be able to have dinner with them and celebrate. Even the wines we have aren't vegan. All this information is rather overwhelming today. On top of all of that, I am highly emotional anyway. After a ridiculously stressful week...I just want to have a glass of wine and eat some french fries. Instead, I am going to make my own sweet potato "fries," a salad, and a vegan chik patty. I may also buy some vegan wine (if I can find some at publix) or just get some beer. I know that I should view this as an opportunity to overcome the stress of trying e new lifestyle...and I should also understand that change is difficult...but today I am just sad. I also know that our fourth anniversary is falling within this 30 days, and I am not really sure where we will be able to go and celebrate. I think once I hit Tampa, I am going to try to find a vegan group to join or something, even if only online. This is tougher than I'd foreseen. SO GLAD I HAVE VEGAN "ICE CREAM," THOUGH. Holy heck, I'm going to enjoy the bejesus out of the chocolate almond-milk frozen happiness in the freezer. And maybe watch girly movies on netflix. This sounds like an awesome evening, actually. NOW things are looking up. <3

Aloha

No comments:

Post a Comment