13 August 2012

Man, I'm bad at this blogging thing!

Well, another month has come and gone. Today WILL be short, as I'm just trying to kill my obligatory 15 minutes after drinking something before I will workout (I don't want to throw up or anything, so...yeah, I'll wait!). I can't believe that it's August, AND that August is about halfway over! School starts for me on Friday, and I am elated. My love is not as excited as I am, but I think that he has the last-semester blues...I suppose he'll get over them when he learns that it's okay not to have life planned beyond graduation yet! I told him to take a breather, a semester off, go visit friends and family, and get a part-time job, then decide about grad school or something else. He is young and has all the time in the world. if he wants. :) As for me, I'm just elated to be in-state AND be able to follow a program that I'm interested in. I think that I will try to teach or something for a bit, then maybe go back to school for a music ed graduate degree. I just can't get away from my love of music, and my wanting to teach high school or college band. We'll see how that goes, though. I do change my mind rather a lot.

What else? Well, I'm trying to work on this problem that I have of overkill when I'm debating with someone. I guess because when I know something, I really know it, and if it is fact based, I can usually whip out quite a few to prove my point if you want to argue with me about it. Apparently that is not a good thing...I feel (at this point) like it's ignorant to not want to know when you're absolutely wrong, but hey, I suppose perhaps I'll get over that. Or go to law school. I always imagine that you can be as self-righteous as you want when you're a lawyer and people dismiss it because you're one. Maybe that's what I'd like, a free pass. Haha, or perhaps the courtroom would be a good outlet for my personality quirk. :)

I am working out...often-ish, and am starting to see results. We are trying to eat healthier, and are doing okay on that front, too. Way less processed foods, but we still have a break from diet/exercise once or twice a week. It's been slow in coming, but I'm past the 5 lb loss mark, so I feel like I'm building momentum. Today will be another step toward that when I'm done blogging! :) I am soooo excited to get home from the gym and eat, though! That's always the BEST meal of the day for me! And, if it's a good one, I feel awesome alllll day!!

Okay, gonna go workout before heading to yoga!! <3

Aloha

No comments:

Post a Comment